This is a post collecting some plugins and solutions I’ve found for WordPress. I’ll keep adding links as I find new things. Most of these are from posts in the WordPress category, but these are direct links to the hack/plugin itself, not to my posts about them (unless that’s the source of the hack), so it should be more handy.
- Add To Any- very low clutter plugin/widget for people to bookmark your posts and subscribe to RSS.
- Another low-clutter widget solution to bookmarks and subscriptions: RSS Subscriber
- A dropdown category widget that works better than most
- Preview Theme lets you view your new theme without visitors seeing it
- A plugin that very easily lets you create a horizontal drop down menu in the header of your WordPress template. Amazing out of the box, also very customizable.
- Permalink Redirect makes it so all your URL’s have a trailing slash, which is good for SEO
- Rewrite Titles – Puts your blog’s name at the end of the article title instead of the other way around.
- Dagon’s Sitemap plugin
- The FeedBurner plugin that lets you track all your RSS subscriptions in one place
- Trim the bloat in your WordPress theme files with Clutter Free
- Developed Traffic’s solution for better archives. My post goes into a bit more detail, especially on using the Custom Query String plugin
- My Tips to SEO your WordPress blog
- WP-Cache and Spam Karma 2 not playing well together? Here’s the fix
- A custom WordPress theme generator that’s pretty decent from an SEO standpoint
- Use the Preview Theme plugin to tweak your theme without your visitors seeing the results until you’re done
- The new replacement tag for the Category dropdown function that got deprecated a few versions ago
- How to make WordPress author pages